WMH Gold Maps for Google Earth Pro are designed to locate areas with high potential for finding placer gold.
For more information on WMH Gold Maps click here
The following files are included in the California Gold Map package:
- Over 22,000 historical gold mine records from the USGS MRDS database
- Locations of all PLSS sections that contain active placer mining claims
- Analysis layer that summarizes data for mines and claims by township
- Ranking layers that identify the top townships by density of placer claims and gold mines
- A guide on how to do claims research with the BLM LR2000
The current version contains mining claim data distributed by the BLM on August 1, 2020
Note: California has far more mine location data than any other state. To improve performance in Google Earth Pro, the gold mine data has been divided into 5 distinct areas so that they can be activated one at a time. California comes with 4 township rank files - one for the entire state and one each for the major gold regions in the state - Northern, Central (Sierra), and Southern.
This package also comes with locations for 365 historical placer gold mining districts from the 1976 publication Gold Districts of California by the California Division of Mines and Geology.
The gold mine and claims data is also included in CSV format for use in spreadsheets or other applications.
Important Information on WMH Digital Products
All WMH digital product purchases allow access to updates for 6 months or until you have downloaded the product 10 times. Customers will be notified of the updates if they are eligible to download them.
There are no refunds on digital products, so please contact us before purchasing if you have any questions.